Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

End of an Era

All of us know that saying goodbye is not easy at all. 

Some of us can do that, others just can't. 

Today was a special day that I was looking for and I was also afraid of. We gathered at the school with my colleagues where I was teaching English for a semester. It was farewell for some of us, not only me. And honestly, it just made our situation ever more difficult.

I have never thought that I can be as emotional as it happened today. I have never thought that so many people will cry with me that I am leaving for good. I have never thought that it can be this hard.

What I know now is that I am deeply grateful for each day that I could spend among them, with them.

Thank you for the many presents, for the flowers, for the long talks, for the jokes during the 10-minute brakes, for the smiles, for the car rides to school and for the bus rides each and every morning in the past couple of months.

I really liked all the meetings, the dinners, the birthday and name day lunches and the time we spent together just talking or being silent.

Obviously the story does not end here as I am visiting every time I come back to Hungary.





3 comments:

  1. Látom a markazi tóparton voltál! Méghozzá egy köpetre attól ahol én lakom :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Sounds like you have some really great memories from this place... :)

    ReplyDelete