Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

In 24 Hours

So here we are 9 months and 2 days after we sent our K1 visa petition in September, 2012 to Texas, to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services. These months flew by so quickly, when I try to look back it seems it happened yesterday. However, waking up in the morning and checking the USCIS website constantly was not really fun. It was exhausting and nerve-trying.

There are only 24 hours until my plane takes off from Budapest. Feelings and thoughts are flowing in my head. I feel excited and nervous. 

I feel that I am not here any more but not over there yet.

I am a realist and I know that some parts of me will always stay in Hungary and those who have lived abroad know that after seeing a new world, some parts of you always want to experience new adventures. It feels like having kind of a split personality now, you know when someone feels scizophrenic. 

You fall apart and you need to build yourself up again and again.

I will be at the airport in 24 hours. I still can't believe it. I will see the enormous planes again that I really admire. I will feel the freedom of travelling that I always long for. 

And I will feel entirely alone.

If you have a minute tomorrow, just cross your fingers for me as I will be very busy thinking of you all on the plane. :)

My flight schedule:

Take-off: 24, June, 7:05pm BUD: Ferihegy, Budapest
Landing: 24, June, 8:30pm TXL: Tegel, Berlin  

Connection TXL: Tegel, Berlin 12h 55m (I hope these long hours will be kicked out with some airport-sleeping :) )

Take-off: 25, June, 9:25am TXL: Tegel, Berlin
Landing: 25, June, 2:00pm MIA: Miami, Florida (10,5 hours, ohh yeah! )



After landing in the sunny Florida, I still have to collect my luggage and go through the Immigration where they will check my visa and all my other necessary paperwork. I read that it might take 4 hours...and you are not allowed to use your mobile phone to play or chat to spend your time.

When I am done with all the bureaucratic procedures I will have the same wonderful view that I had in 2010...


Palm tree on South Beach.



Cape Florida Lighthouse.



View from the Cape Florida Lighthouse.



A park on South Beach.


Key Biscayne.

3 comments:

  1. I wish u all the best, take care of urself!!!! Make sure u wont come back with a huge ass as americans have :-D
    Love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha :D Can't stop laughing... I try to take care of myself by not eating too many donuts...Promise!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are gorgeous! I love the view from the lighthouse.... :))

    ReplyDelete